It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your objective, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Cleveland. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Cleveland seems hard but is not really that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most effective way to compare different rates over the internet.
Finding a better price on insurance is a great way to save money. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Ohio. To locate the best car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table below showcases a range of prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are figured can aid in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$150||$304||$218||$12||$66||$750||$63|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$170||$304||$218||$12||$66||$770||$64|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$170||$358||$218||$12||$66||$824||$69|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$190||$358||$218||$12||$66||$844||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Volvo XC60 insurance prices for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC60 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo XC60 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo XC60 in Cleveland, insurance is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo XC60 has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your Volvo and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Impacts Volvo XC60 Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy on your XC60 policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Performance influences costs – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volvo XC60 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- More stress means more cost – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as lawyers, police officers, and miners usually pay the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – Car insurance companies in Ohio give better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Traffic violations drive up premiums – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can influence Volvo XC60 insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- No auto insurance gaps is important – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Loss probability for a Volvo XC60 – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the historical loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volvo XC60 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my Volvo XC60 need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Cleveland auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a good quality insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Cleveland. The ranking data below can help you decide which companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Volvo XC60 insurance rates in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Cleveland can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)