Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Cleveland seems hard but is not really that difficult. Just about every driver who is looking for cheaper car insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Ohio car owners do need to know the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total e-Golf insurance premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, new vehicle, military installation, defensive driver, family discount, and safe driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, good student, online quote, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and student away at school.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland. To see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Cleveland, click here to view.
Local Cleveland insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Cleveland who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cleveland?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
When searching for a local Cleveland insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Cleveland are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cleveland who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
- Jinisha Patel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4342 Ridge Rd – Brooklyn, OH 44144 – (216) 741-6100 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Insurance Consultants Agency
23980 Chagrin Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 766-6300 – View Map
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- Marsh Insurance
200 Public Square #100 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 937-1700 – View Map
Components of Your Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Rates
Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Your employer is a factor – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military generals, airline pilots, and miners usually pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. Other professions such as farmers, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance – Your credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen e-Golf if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Be proud to be claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Bad drivers pay high rates – Having just one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Insurance prices and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Deter car thieves – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Insure car and home with the same company – Many insurers afford a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare Volkswagen e-Golf rates in Cleveland to help guarantee you have the best rates.
How much liability do you need? – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen e-Golf insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your e-Golf with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Cleveland car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Cleveland. The rank data displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Persistent drivers can save
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Cleveland is attainable both online in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, so get free Cleveland auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)