Statistics show that over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Cleveland drivers could save up to $700 every year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies.
The recommended way to save on auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to annually compare prices from insurers in Ohio.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates like your driving record and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
This article’s goal is to familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Shoppers just need to understand the tricks to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Finding cheap Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Cleveland auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to and from local Cleveland insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Beetle, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your Volkswagen. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Beetle greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Statistics and details
The coverage table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$170||$352||$192||$12||$58||$784||$65|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$416||$150||$10||$44||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in Cleveland location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Beetle settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance policy discounts for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Cleveland
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- E-sign – Many companies will give a small break shop Cleveland auto insurance over the internet.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below compares Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, home ownership, good student, payment discounts, and early quote.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, student driver, early bird, defensive driver, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good student.
If you need affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The ranking information shown below could help you choose which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%