If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Cleveland is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Ohio.
First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, most consumers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Ohio could save nearly 55% each year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
This article’s intent is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and some tips to save money. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Ohio car owners should learn how companies charge you for coverage.
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from many available insurance companies in Ohio. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Subaru WRX rates consists of shopping online. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. To locate cheap auto insurance in Ohio, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Many companies give better rates for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Your vocation and auto insurance rates – Occupations like fire fighters, business owners, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like scientists, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Discounts for married drivers – Getting married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Liability protection – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- An active claims history can increase rates – Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru WRX Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru WRX insurance, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects your Subaru and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Cleveland is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.