It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare other prices are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that drivers who compared rates once a year saved on average $865 a year compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Subaru Baja insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Subaru Baja insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Ohio.
First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering Subaru Baja insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, and good student.
- Nationwide has discounts for family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, accident-free, good student, and business or organization.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, theft prevention, teen driver, 55 and older, homeowners, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, multi-car, distant student, mature driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for utility vehicle, senior citizen, good student, teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, multi-policy, and passive restraint.
If you want the cheapest Subaru Baja rate quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland. To see auto insurance companies who offer free Subaru Baja insurance quotes in Ohio, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing a policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from local Cleveland insurance agencies?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you need to find local Cleveland agents, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 739-0990 – View Map
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Select Insurance Services Agency, Inc.
12608 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44133 – (440) 237-8555 – View Map
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- The Brooks and Stafford Company
55 Public Square #1650 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 696-3000 – View Map
Ratings for Ohio car insurance companies
Picking a good quality auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company ratings listed below could help you choose which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
How much can you save?
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Subaru Baja insurance in Cleveland can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Subaru Baja insurance in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)