The best way to get more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Cleveland is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional tips to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available in Cleveland. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Locating the best rates in Cleveland can initially seem challenging. Practically every person who is looking for cheaper car insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Although Ohio consumers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Four Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the major factors that factor into prices.
Don’t let your policy lapse – Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and membership fees are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online Cleveland Five Hundred insurance quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Five Hundred in Cleveland, buying car insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Five Hundred with a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Five Hundred greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in Cleveland
Some insurers don’t always list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Cleveland car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help lower the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click here to view.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Cleveland who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide price quote information.
Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Cleveland who can help you get price quotes.
What is the best insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Cleveland is available from both online companies in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about car insurance in Ohio is located on the following sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)