Unbelievable but true according to a study 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Ohio drivers could cut their rates by as much as 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Subaru Forester insurance in Cleveland is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides the details to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if you’re married, how old drivers are, what your job is, and if you require a SR-22. Those rating factors is instantly sent to all major companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. To get the best auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower-cost Cleveland insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Cleveland attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Forester is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Forester insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Ohio, click this link.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information shown next showcases a range of rate quotes for Subaru Forester models. Having a better idea how insurance premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$160||$238||$192||$12||$58||$660||$55|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$160||$238||$192||$12||$58||$660||$55|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$160||$238||$192||$12||$58||$660||$55|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$180||$238||$192||$12||$58||$680||$57|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$180||$280||$192||$12||$58||$722||$60|
|Forester XT AWD||$180||$280||$192||$12||$58||$722||$60|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$180||$280||$192||$12||$58||$722||$60|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$180||$280||$192||$12||$58||$722||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location which can impact insurance rates significantly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Subaru Forester insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Cleveland Insurance Premiums
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Subaru Forester insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can drive up Subaru Forester car insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- How much liability protection – Liability coverage will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums – The deductibles you choose define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Subaru Forester historical loss data – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Subaru Forester vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Subaru Forester Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD 71 80 108 72 76 68 Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD with Eyesight 74 66 118 77 78 53BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Cleveland car insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Cleveland auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Cleveland?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Cleveland that can give you price quote information.
Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide price quote information.
Abc Auto Insurance Agency Inc.
1970 E 55th St – Cleveland, OH 44103 – (216) 881-2600 – View Map
LEUSCH Insurance Services Agency, Inc. / INSURANCE CONCEPTS
16903 Fischer Rd – Lakewood, OH 44107 – (216) 228-3333 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The rank data in the next section can help you select which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
More affordable insurance in Cleveland can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Cleveland auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheap Subaru Forester insurance in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Cleveland auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)