It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Pontiac Solstice insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Cleveland.
- Read about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Cleveland is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Cheap companies for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Ohio
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates.
Listed below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Where you live plays a part – Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Pontiac from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hail damage, or theft. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Getting married equates to better prices – Your spouse may cut your premiums on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Poor credit score equals high rates – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Pontiac Solstice by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Liability is important – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Cheap Cleveland insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Solstice insurance premium.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Cleveland can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, distant student, business and professional, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, driver training, daytime running lights, air bags, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for Switch & Save, homeowner, renters, emergency road assistance, good driver, and multi-car.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, good student, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in Cleveland. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Cleveland, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Cleveland agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Cleveland willing to provide price quote information.
Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Cleveland?
Finding a high-quality auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The ranking information in the next section can help you choose which providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Compare but don’t skimp
When you buy Cleveland auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Pontiac Solstice insurance premium rates online in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective Pontiac Solstice insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)