Are you sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than the majority of other consumers in Ohio.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Cleveland could save an average of almost $700 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched. You have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most efficient way to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Most major insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get pricing on the web. Doing online quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Cleveland is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you complete the form, the system collects your credit score and driving record and generates a price determined by many factors. Using the web to get price quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Cleveland helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for affordable rates.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in OH, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Pontiac vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac GTO insurance, auto insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects your Pontiac and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Get lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Cleveland with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Cleveland auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, teen driver, good student, automatic seat belts, early bird, and homeowners.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts including Switch & Save, homeowner, multi-policy, defensive driver, online shopper, and renters.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
When getting free Cleveland auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac GTO?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.