If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Learn about coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more details to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Affordable car insurance in Cleveland, OH
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Cleveland
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the miles on your Mazda in a year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your CX-5 can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Gender is a factor – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have received severe tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mazda CX-5 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Married drivers get better costs – Being married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. It translates into being more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Mazda CX-5 historical loss data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Mazda CX-5 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers do not list all discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on CX-5 insurance in Cleveland.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Cleveland Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Cleveland can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current CX-5 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Cleveland auto insurance quotes online.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cleveland auto insurance quote compared to bad drivers.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and air bags.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- State Farm has savings for good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, good student, professional/association, and annual mileage.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, good student, and theft prevention.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, FullPay discount, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and utility vehicle.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Cleveland, follow this link.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Cleveland that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Cleveland should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cleveland?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a good Cleveland insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cleveland who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Cleveland independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
Upon receiving positive responses to all your questions and the cheapest Mazda CX-5 insurance in Cleveland quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Cleveland auto insurance companies
Ending up with the top insurance company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The information shown below may help you choose which coverage providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Mazda CX-5 insurance premium rates in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Cleveland auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced Mazda CX-5 insurance in Cleveland is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)