How long has it been since you compared low-cost car insurance rates in Cleveland, OH? Cleveland buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Pontiac Grand Prix insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Pontiac and find the lowest price from Cleveland insurance agents and online providers.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using this strategy. Smart buyers just have to know the tricks to shop for car insurance over the internet.
What Impacts Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Grand Prix by improving your credit score.
- The type of car you drive affects your rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in OH, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Cleveland, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Grand Prix, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discount Cleveland auto insurance quotes
Car insurance companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Cleveland car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Cleveland. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Cleveland insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Cleveland.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Cleveland who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to contact independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- AandA Action Auto Insurance Agency
3421 Prospect Ave E – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 361-8988 – View Map
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Wendy Narad Agency – Farmers Insurance
24800 Chagrin Blvd #100 – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 292-3803 – View Map
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the right car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Cleveland. The company rank data in the next section could help you select which providers to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cover all your bases
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Cleveland car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to finding cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Cleveland
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Cleveland is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)