It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other prices are very likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Nissan Xterra insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The most effective way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Cleveland.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to keep prices down and earn larger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Find a Cleveland insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Xterra can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current Xterra insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Xterra insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, good student, mature driver, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, good student, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, multi-car, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
When quoting, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland. To choose providers who offer free Nissan Xterra insurance quotes in Ohio, click here.
Buy Cleveland Nissan Xterra insurance online
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Ohio. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The rate information shown next showcases estimates of coverage costs for Nissan Xterra models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are formulated is important to be able to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$146||$222||$238||$14||$72||$692||$58|
|Xterra S 2WD||$146||$222||$238||$14||$72||$692||$58|
|Xterra S 4WD||$146||$222||$238||$14||$72||$692||$58|
|Xterra X 4WD||$146||$222||$238||$14||$72||$692||$58|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$168||$284||$238||$14||$72||$776||$65|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$168||$284||$238||$14||$72||$776||$65|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$168||$284||$238||$14||$72||$776||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Cautious Cleveland drivers save money
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Nissan Xterra yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Xterra insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Xterra book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Cleveland insurance agency
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Cleveland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Cleveland that provide free Cleveland auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cleveland?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Smart shoppers get results
A few companies may not offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. More affordable car insurance in Cleveland is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)