To save the most money, the best way to get budget Nissan Rogue insurance in Cleveland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Rogue insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Cleveland can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Cleveland is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you can use this information to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just have to know the quickest way to compare prices over the internet.
Score discounts to get cheaper Cleveland car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Having several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Rogue premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in Cleveland.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including if you are currently licensed, the make and model of your vehicles, how you use your vehicles, and how old drivers are. Your information is then sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Nissan Rogue insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in OH, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
The data table shown next covers different policy rates for Nissan Rogue models. Learning how rates are formulated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$110||$198||$242||$14||$72||$636||$53|
|Rogue S AWD||$110||$198||$242||$14||$72||$636||$53|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$110||$198||$242||$14||$72||$636||$53|
|Rogue SL AWD||$110||$234||$242||$14||$72||$672||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can impact prices noticeably.
Nissan Rogue liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Rogue annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Ohio. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Rogue claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Driving citations inflate costs – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents raise Nissan Rogue insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Urban residents pay more – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Vehicle options that cut premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
Getting married can save on auto insurance – Getting married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Fewer miles means better prices – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Rogue can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
Don’t abuse claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Ohio provide the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Nissan Rogue insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Cleveland auto insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Cleveland car insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both write policy coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give price quote information.
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 531-5555 – View Map
- Pinkney-Perry Insurance
1701 E 12th St #101 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 795-1995 – View Map
- The Brooks and Stafford Company
55 Public Square #1650 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 696-3000 – View Map
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Rogue in Cleveland, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Rogue, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Nissan Rogue insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small local company.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)