Want to learn how to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Cleveland, OH? Cleveland shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Lincoln MKS insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Lincoln and obtain the best price possible.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Cleveland at your last renewal you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Cleveland is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. Drivers only have to learn the quickest way to compare insurance rates instantly.
Most companies provide coverage prices from their websites. Getting Lincoln MKS insurance prices online is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors.
Quoting online for Lincoln MKS insurance in Cleveland makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Ohio. To get cheaper car insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need insurance for your MKS
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKS in Cleveland, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln MKS, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Cleveland overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Lincoln MKS models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$218||$12||$66||$662||$55|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$218||$12||$66||$662||$55|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$280||$218||$12||$66||$706||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Cleveland location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Lincoln MKS insurance rates by gender in Cleveland
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lincoln MKS full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Lincoln MKS claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Cleveland
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- No Accidents – Cleveland drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you need low cost Cleveland auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Cleveland. To view insurers with the best discounts in Cleveland, click here to view.
Getting quotes from local Cleveland insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Cleveland should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Cleveland are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Cleveland who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, it’s recommended you contact at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quote information.
- Cisar Insurance
30405 Solon Rd – Cleveland, OH 44139 – (440) 248-4450 – View Map
- MR Insurance Partners Agency, Inc.
3310 Prospect Ave E – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 361-9797 – View Map
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Ohio car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Ohio. The ranking information in the lists below could help you select which companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
How much can you save?
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Cleveland is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to buy lower priced Lincoln MKS insurance in Cleveland
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Cleveland.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)