Sadly, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Cleveland could save as much as 55% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper RX 450h coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the best-priced coverage in Cleveland is quite easy. Smart shoppers only need to know the most efficient way to compare different rates using one simple form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Ohio. To find cheap car insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Don’t overlook these Lexus RX 450h insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 450h insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, IntelliDrive, new car, multi-car, save driver, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, air bags, student driver, good student, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, anti-theft, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view providers with discount auto insurance rates in Cleveland, follow this link.
Lexus RX 450h insurance coverage information
The coverage table shown below showcases different insurance rates for Lexus RX 450h models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 450H Hybrid 2WD 4-Dr||$118||$248||$290||$18||$86||$760||$63|
|RX 450H Hybrid 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$248||$290||$18||$86||$760||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in Cleveland location which can alter premium rates greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can affect Lexus RX 450h insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Lexus RX 450h insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Ohio minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus RX 450h settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Cleveland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Cleveland who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a local Cleveland insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following are Cleveland independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Select Insurance Services Agency, Inc.
12608 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44133 – (440) 237-8555 – View Map
- United Agencies
1422 Euclid Ave # 900 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 696-8044 – View Map
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 531-5555 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Valerie A Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2291 Lee Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-0100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is there a local claims center in Cleveland?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I rate my Lexus RX 450h as pleasure use or commute?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Liability insurance limits on your policy – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Stay claim-free and save – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies in Ohio give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Higher rates for specific employers – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military generals, social workers, and miners generally pay higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the miles on your Lexus in a year’s time the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your RX 450h can cost quite a bit.
Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Lexus RX 450h car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Insurance loss probability for a Lexus RX 450h – Car insurance companies use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Lexus RX 450h vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus RX 450h Hybrid 4dr 2WD||125||119||110||60|
|Lexus RX 450h Hybrid 4dr 4WD||144||112||136||79||57||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Cleveland, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
How to find a good Ohio car insurance company
Selecting a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Ohio. The rank data in the next section could help you pick which insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Affordable Lexus RX 450h insurance in Cleveland can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
When getting Cleveland auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)