If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Lexus RX 350 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Cleveland.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by approximately $860 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your RX 350
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 350 in Cleveland, insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lexus RX 350 detailed coverage information
The price information shown next covers estimates of insurance rates for Lexus RX 350 models. Understanding how policy premiums are formulated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$138||$268||$242||$14||$72||$734||$61|
|RX 350 4WD||$138||$268||$242||$14||$72||$734||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Lexus RX 350 premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below shows how violations and accidents drive up Lexus RX 350 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus RX 350 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Cleveland
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on RX 350 insurance in Cleveland.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, driver training, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. To choose car insurance companies with the best discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Cleveland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What if I total my Lexus RX 350 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Affordable rates are available
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus RX 350 insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lexus RX 350 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)