It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on insurance in Cleveland is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop for insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for additional ideas to get low prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
This information will help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Consumers just have to know the quickest method to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
The fastest way that we advise to get rate comparisons for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Cleveland is to understand most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information such as whether you drive to work or school, driver details, types of safety features, and your job. Your details is submitted instantly to multiple companies and they return quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Cleveland.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Discount Cleveland car insurance quotes
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Sign Online – Many car insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, driver training, daytime running lights, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Travelers has savings for driver training, student away at school, good student, early quote, home ownership, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, multi-car, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, accident-free, early bird, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good student, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland. To locate insurance companies with the best Lexus IS 250 insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Facts and figures for Lexus IS 250 insurance
The information below showcases different policy rates for Lexus IS 250 models. Understanding how premiums are figured is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$290||$234||$14||$70||$728||$61|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$134||$290||$234||$14||$70||$742||$62|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$134||$290||$274||$16||$82||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise prices noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents increase Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lexus IS 250 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Cleveland car insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Cleveland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Cleveland that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Cleveland can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Cleveland that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Zito Insurance Inc
1249 Smith Ct – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 333-6020 – View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agency Inc
10535 St Clair Ave – Cleveland, OH 44108 – (216) 761-1500 – View Map
- Rivera’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
3778 Pearl Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 661-7923 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Cleveland that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Betsy Warner
2491 Lee Blvd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-6900 – View Map
- Valerie A Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2291 Lee Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-0100 – View Map
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is the minimum liability in Ohio?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Lexus IS 250?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How You Can Control Lexus IS 250 Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Are men or women drivers cheaper? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below compares Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Protect yourself with liability – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Ohio award the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger companies provide better rates to buyers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare Lexus IS 250 rates in Cleveland to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save money by buying from different companies
- Save money with excellent credit – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus IS 250 by repairing your credit.
Car insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers have been known to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lexus IS 250 insurance claim data – Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus IS 250 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lexus IS 250 Models Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD 179 103 177 116 146 115 Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD 177 87 186 118 Lexus IS 250 Convertible 135 80 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Cleveland, insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your IS 250 outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The ranking data below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cheap coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cost effective Lexus IS 250 insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Cleveland auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)