The best way to get the cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Cleveland is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Ohio.
- First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Cleveland. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent study showed that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. U.S. drivers could save almost $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
How to get affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Cleveland, Ohio
Finding a better price on insurance is not a difficult process. Just spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Kia Soul EV insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Soul EV in Cleveland, buying car insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Soul EV, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurers Determine Kia Soul EV Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Defend yourself with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Poor credit rating equals high costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Soul EV by improving your credit score.
Consolidate and save – Most larger insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Frequent auto insurance claims will cost you – Companies in Ohio award better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 get Cleveland car insurance on your computer.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Cleveland attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Cleveland drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Some companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Cleveland.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Ohio car insurance companies
Ending up with a good quality company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Cleveland. The ranking data in the lists below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Be persistent to save money
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for Kia Soul EV insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Cleveland can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)