How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced Scion tC insurance in Cleveland? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Scion tC in Ohio can be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Scion and get the best price possible.
Consumers need to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Scion tC insurance in Cleveland six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Scion tC insurance in Cleveland at a lower rate.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online quotes for Scion tC insurance in Cleveland makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to do this in order to find the most affordable premium possible.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Cleveland, OH. To locate cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Scion tC insurance rates in Cleveland
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Cleveland auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Scion tC insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, mature driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, online shopper, anti-theft, renters, anti-lock brakes, and claim free.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Cleveland.
Scion tC insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown below showcases detailed analysis of prices for Scion tC models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are established can be valuable when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$176||$400||$284||$16||$84||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can influence premium rates significantly.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Cleveland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local Cleveland agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Cleveland are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Cleveland that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Machor Sage Insurance Agency
7379 Pearl Rd # 5 – Cleveland, OH 44130 – (440) 826-0404 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sam J Saraniti
3100 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 281-3900 – View Map
- Pilat Insurance Agency, Inc.
5925 Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44129 – (440) 888-1150 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cleveland?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After getting good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy any time you want so never assume you are locked into a policy with no way out.
Scion tC Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your policy reflects annual mileage. An incorrectly rated tC may be costing you.
Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
How much liability protection do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Get better rates if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay higher average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Bad drivers pay high rates – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accidents can drive up Scion tC auto insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance loss data for a Scion tC – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your Scion vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Cleveland, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your tC has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Scion as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
One last thing about your coverage
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
We covered many tips how you can find affordable Scion tC insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Scion tC rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
Lower-priced insurance in Cleveland is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
How to find affordable quotes for Scion tC insurance in Cleveland
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)