Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates annually saved $865 annually compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Cleveland is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Low Cost companies for Mercury Montego insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Components of Your Mercury Montego Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Marriage can lower costs – Getting married may save some money when buying insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut prices – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Montego may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage.
- Credit rating impacts premiums – Credit score can be an important factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercury Montego if you clean up your credit.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- More policies can equal more savings – The majority of insurance companies will award better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other Cleveland Montego insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Earn discounts on Cleveland auto insurance
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will cut your policy premium.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, good student, accident-free, ease of repair, multi-policy, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, good driver, good student, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
If you want cheaper Cleveland auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state.
What if I want to buy from local Cleveland car insurance agents?
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Types of auto insurance agents in Cleveland
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Cleveland insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Cleveland can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cleveland that can give you price quote information.
Best car insurance in Cleveland
Finding the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company information in the lists below could help you decide which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Quote more and you will save more
Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Cleveland can be purchased on the web in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)