Feeling guilty for buying an expensive insurance policy? Believe me, you’re not the only one.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Cleveland is why you’re here, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process. Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best price available on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Cleveland.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Cleveland is much easier if you have a good place to start. Smart buyers just have to know the proper methods to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Ohio. If you want cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Cleveland, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Cherokee has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some providers don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, federal employee, anti-theft, good student, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, air bags, group or association, company car, safe driver, mature driver, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, multi-car, safety device, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting free Cleveland car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Local agents and insurance
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Cleveland who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cleveland?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quotes.
Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Ohio?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jeep Cherokee?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented many ways to shop for Jeep Cherokee insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Budget-conscious Jeep Cherokee insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to saving money on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Cleveland
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices annually from providers in Ohio.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)