The best way we recommend to get low-cost Acura MDX insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Ohio. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who shopped around annually saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Companies offering Acura MDX insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Ohio, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Acura MDX models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are established is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$174||$276||$232||$14||$70||$766||$64|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$174||$276||$232||$14||$70||$766||$64|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$174||$276||$232||$14||$70||$766||$64|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$174||$276||$232||$14||$70||$766||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Cleveland location which can impact premiums substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Acura MDX insurance rates for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX insurance prices with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura MDX replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current MDX insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Online Discount – Some companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Acura MDX insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, good driver, and DriveSense.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, company car, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, and paperless.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Savings may not be available in every state. To see companies who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Costs also based on gender – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Acura MDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Performance impacts insurance costs – The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Acura MDX insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Loss probability for an Acura MDX – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Acura MDX Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Cleveland insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Cleveland who can help you get free insurance quotes.
LEUSCH Insurance Services Agency, Inc. / INSURANCE CONCEPTS
16903 Fischer Rd – Lakewood, OH 44107 – (216) 228-3333 – View Map
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
If you get answers to your satisfaction in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Acura MDX insurance in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Acura MDX rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced insurance in Cleveland can be bought online and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)