A study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Cleveland can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Cleveland. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Best companies for Suzuki Aerio insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Save money on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Cleveland with these insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Club Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Cleveland may earn a discount on your bill.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, good student, good driver, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Travelers may offer discounts for driver training, early quote, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
If you want low cost Cleveland car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Suzuki Aerio?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my Suzuki Aerio covered for smoke damage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Cleveland?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Cleveland insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Cleveland.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Cleveland for you
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Cleveland can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Cleveland that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Cleveland should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cleveland?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Cleveland?
- Is there a local claims center in Cleveland?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Best car insurance company in Ohio
Ending up with the right insurer can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Ohio. The company information below may help you choose which insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Cleveland can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)