Did a good deal turn into an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on Nissan 350Z insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest rate on Nissan 350Z insurance in Cleveland last year there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to save on insurance.
Best companies for affordable Nissan 350Z insurance in Ohio
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and new move discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for multiple vehicles, mature driver, paid in full, air bags, and company car.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Cleveland who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Cleveland car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Cleveland may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Cleveland that can give you free insurance quotes.
Rivera’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
3778 Pearl Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 661-7923 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Cleveland that are able to give price quote information.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Cleveland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
What is the best car insurance company in Ohio?
Insuring your vehicle with the right company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Cleveland. The company ratings displayed below may help you decide which companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Nissan 350Z insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Nissan 350Z insurance premium rates in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Cleveland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
How to save on Nissan 350Z insurance in Cleveland
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Cleveland.
- Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More information is located at the links below
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)