Really, the only way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Cleveland is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on insurance in Cleveland is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Check for these discounts
Some companies do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cleveland car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap Veracruz insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below compares Hyundai Veracruz yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, driver training, and anti-theft.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, good student, multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Switch & Save, good student, good driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online Hyundai Veracruz insurance quotes in Cleveland, click this link.
How to buy Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Cleveland, OH
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more increases the chance that you will find the best rates.
The following companies provide price quotes in Ohio. To get cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The data table displayed below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Hyundai Veracruz models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance policy rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$130||$220||$198||$12||$60||$620||$52|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$146||$220||$198||$12||$60||$636||$53|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$146||$258||$198||$12||$60||$674||$56|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$146||$258||$198||$12||$60||$674||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my Hyundai Veracruz need full coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local Cleveland insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Cleveland agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Cleveland who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Bass Ohio Insurance Agency LLC
815 Superior Avenue E, Suite 1412 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (440) 862-0352 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Cleveland, get answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Low-cost Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Cleveland is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)