If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Cleveland.
- First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Sky insurance. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop for lower rates are very likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for Saturn Sky insurance in Cleveland is the reason you’re here, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance rates can save money and time.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these tips. This article’s goal is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. But Ohio car owners must learn how big insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost companies for Saturn Sky insurance
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Ohio. In order to find the best car insurance in Ohio, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurers offering insurance discounts in Cleveland, click this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cleveland?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Different types of Cleveland car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 739-0990 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
- Pilat Insurance Agency, Inc.
5925 Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44129 – (440) 888-1150 – View Map
- Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
Find cheaper car insurance prices by comparing often
When getting Cleveland car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Saturn Sky insurance in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Saturn Sky rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount Saturn Sky insurance in Cleveland can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Cleveland Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)