It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare other rates will probably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Cleveland. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to get low prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once received, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Cleveland is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Although Ohio car owners need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for prior coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Lower rates come with age – Beginning drivers in Ohio are proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Accidents can increase premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers with serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are many additional coverages that you can buy on your Ion policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Too many car insurance claims will drive prices up – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Ohio provide cheaper rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If the Saturn Ion has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as how you use your vehicles, how much school you completed, if you are currently licensed, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheap Saturn Ion insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need Ion insurance in Ohio
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Ion, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Saturn at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cleveland insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies give back up to $50 shop Cleveland car insurance on your computer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should help lower your policy cost.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and good student.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Saturn Ion insurance quotes in Ohio, click here.
Insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Cleveland can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give price quotes.
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered when they drive my Saturn Ion?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Saturn Ion to commute?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Saturn Ion insurance in Cleveland is available online and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Saturn Ion insurance premium rates online in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)