It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of Ohio auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. American consumers could cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Ohio.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Cheap companies for Pontiac G8 insurance
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To find insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Cleveland, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Cleveland.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Cleveland that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Washington and Co Insurance Agcy
2565 Noble Rd – Cleveland, OH 44121 – (216) 691-9227 – View Map
- MR Insurance Partners Agency, Inc.
3310 Prospect Ave E – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 361-9797 – View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agency Inc
10535 St Clair Ave – Cleveland, OH 44108 – (216) 761-1500 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- Valerie A Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2291 Lee Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-0100 – View Map
- Wendy Narad Agency – Farmers Insurance
24800 Chagrin Blvd #100 – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 292-3803 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Cleveland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
After you get good responses and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Cleveland auto insurance companies
Picking the highest-rated company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The ranking information shown next could help you choose which providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
One last thing to lower rates
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Pontiac G8 insurance auto insurance rates online in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Low-cost Pontiac G8 insurance in Cleveland is definitely available on the web in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)