The preferred way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to regularly compare prices from companies in Ohio.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Sable coverage is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Shocking but true, most drivers in Ohio kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the United States could save up to $860 every year, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance policy in Cleveland is easy to do. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Companies offering Mercury Sable insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Save money with these nine price cutting discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Sable insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help reduce your premiums.
To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click this link.
Local Cleveland insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you need to find a local Cleveland insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland that can give you rate quotes.
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
- State Farm: Betsy Warner
2491 Lee Blvd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-6900 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Oswald Wealth
1100 Superior Ave Suite 1345 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 367-8787 – View Map
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- United Agencies
1422 Euclid Ave # 900 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 696-8044 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles. Just remember consumers can terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into a specific company for the entire policy term.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, funeral costs and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Sable caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Sable to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mercury Sable.
Since many Ohio drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More affordable car insurance in Cleveland can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Mercury Sable insurance prices online in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)