Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Cleveland can dry up your bank account and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing cost estimates can lower your rates and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, learning how to find and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding discount Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland
The most effective way to get cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Cleveland.
First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Buick Lucerne in Cleveland, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost car insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rates on Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The premium information shown next covers estimates of policy rates for Buick Lucerne models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$152||$332||$214||$12||$64||$774||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Cleveland which can alter premium rates significantly.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can raise Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Buick Lucerne replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Choosing the best Lucerne insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Buick every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Lucerne may be wasting your money.
Mature drivers save more – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Cheap premiums for being claim-free – Insurance companies in Ohio provide the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Having a spouse equates to better premiums – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your vocation is a factor – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety class may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, driver training, air bags, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, good student, paid-in-full, online quote, multi-policy, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
If you want low cost Cleveland auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
What if I want to buy from local Cleveland auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Cleveland.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Cleveland who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Cleveland, get answers to these questions.
- How are claims handled?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurer that will insure your vehicles.
Best car insurance company in Ohio
Finding a high-quality insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company rank data shown next could help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Quote more to save more
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Cleveland insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of ways to save on Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Cleveland auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to finding discount Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Buick Lucerne insurance in Cleveland is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Ohio. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More information is available below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)