It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely move their business because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A study showed that people who regularly compared rates saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Cleveland is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Cleveland. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding and a poor credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Atlas coverage is available in Cleveland. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. These techniques will let you in on the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings Drivers just need to use the quickest way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Components of Your Volkswagen Atlas Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Responsible drivers pay better rates – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- Liability insurance risk factors – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Many companies afford a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Atlas by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Cleveland, OH. To find cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing the best Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Atlas in Cleveland, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Save a ton on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Cleveland with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Atlas insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits possibly include:
Double check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To find car insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Atlas insurance discounts in Cleveland, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Cleveland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Cleveland that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Cleveland can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the selection process.
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Hubbard Insurance Agency
22255 Center Ridge Rd #202 – Rocky River, OH 44116 – (440) 333-4450 – View Map
- MR Insurance Partners Agency, Inc.
3310 Prospect Ave E – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 361-9797 – View Map
- Oswald Wealth
1100 Superior Ave Suite 1345 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 367-8787 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cleveland that are able to give price quotes.
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Which auto insurance company is best in Cleveland?
Picking a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company rank data in the next section may help you choose which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cover all your bases
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)