How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable Kia Amanti insurance in Cleveland? Locating low-cost insurance for your Kia Amanti in Ohio could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates on a Kia and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Cleveland agents.
Nine discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cleveland car insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop Cleveland car insurance on their website.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Amanti insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Student in College – Kids who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of insurers who offer online Kia Amanti insurance quotes in Ohio, click this link.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. In order to find cheaper car insurance in OH, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Cleveland who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cleveland?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents in Cleveland are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Dick McClement – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-3723 – View Map
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Cleveland independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- The Brooks and Stafford Company
55 Public Square #1650 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 696-3000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sam J Saraniti
3100 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 281-3900 – View Map
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Cleveland, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as fire damage, falling objects, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Amanti resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Amanti in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for hospital visits, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
How to find a good Cleveland auto insurance company
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Cleveland. The ranking data shown below may help you select which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More effort can pay off
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered many ideas to reduce Kia Amanti insurance prices online in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to find lower priced Kia Amanti insurance in Cleveland
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More information is available at the links below
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)