The recommended way to get discount Ford Transit Connect insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices once a year from providers in Ohio.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Transit Connect insurance in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in Cleveland can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
If you currently have insurance, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. The intent of this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Although Ohio consumers must understand how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The cheapest Cleveland Ford Transit Connect insurance
Just keep in mind that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Ohio. To find cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, OH, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Buying the right Transit Connect insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Cleveland, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Transit Connect, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Transit Connect. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The information below highlights different insurance policy prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Having a good grasp of how insurance premiums are figured can be of help when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$148||$290||$232||$14||$70||$754||$63|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$148||$290||$232||$14||$70||$754||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Transit Connect insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Save money with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Cleveland auto insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Cleveland without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Transit Connect insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Cleveland auto insurance quote.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below compares Ford Transit Connect insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, federal employee, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous insurance, save driver, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and good student.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not apply in Cleveland. To locate insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Cleveland, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Transit Connect to commute?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.