If you want to save money, the best way to save money on Chevy Aveo insurance in Cleveland is to annually compare prices from companies in Ohio. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Cleveland. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately put the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around once a year will presumably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Chevy Aveo insurance is your goal, then knowing how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most of the larger companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including coverage limits, if you lease or own, what your job is, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating information is instantly sent to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Aveo insurance in Cleveland?
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Cleveland Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Cleveland can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Aveo car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, distant student, teen driver, bundle discounts, good student, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, new move discount, new graduate, safety features, multi-car, and newly retired.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Cleveland car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Ohio, click this link.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance prices for Chevy Aveo models. Knowing how insurance quotes are calculated can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$200||$348||$298||$18||$88||$952||$79|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$348||$298||$18||$88||$952||$79|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Chevy Aveo insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Aveo yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Aveo settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
What if I want to buy from local Cleveland insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Cleveland are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Cleveland independent insurance agents that can possibly get you pricing information.
Coventry Insurance Agency
230 W Huron Rd – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 307-3611 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my Chevy Aveo covered for flood damage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I rate my Chevy Aveo as pleasure use or commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
Costs can change based on your address – Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates.
Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Aveo insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
High premiums for teenage drivers – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Lots of insurers provide better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
When should you not file insurance claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Only buy extra coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
No policy lapses lowers car insurance rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Low-cost Chevy Aveo insurance in Cleveland can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Chevy Aveo insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)