Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Cleveland drivers can save roughly 55% each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Cleveland is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell insurance in Ohio.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Entourage coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Finding cheaper protection in Cleveland is not as confusing as people think. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the quickest method to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Cleveland is to realize car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information including whether you are single or married, if a SR-22 is required, the ages of drivers, and level of coverage desired. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies provide price quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, paying for insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
These five discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cleveland auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, online quote, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, renters, and good driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, accident-free, good student, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Cleveland.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.