How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest insurance rates in Cleveland, OH? Cleveland buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Hummer H2 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Hummer and find the best price possible from Cleveland insurance agents and online providers.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved about $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Hummer H2 insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
You need to compare premium rates every six months since rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Hummer H2 insurance in Cleveland a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. You’ll find a ton of advice on H2 insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to save money.
The goal of this article is to teach you how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Consumers only need to know the most effective way to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Lowering your Hummer H2 auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, OH, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Even though Cleveland H2 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your H2 has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Hummer at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your H2 outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Earn discounts on Cleveland car insurance
Some providers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total H2 insurance premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current H2 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, defensive driver, multi-policy, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, good student, and multi-car.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
If you need inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in your state.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Cleveland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find local Cleveland agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Cleveland independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Insurance Cleveland Agency, LLC
5602 State Rd – Parma, OH 44134 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Abc Auto Insurance Agency Inc.
1970 E 55th St – Cleveland, OH 44103 – (216) 881-2600 – View Map
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jinisha Patel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4342 Ridge Rd – Brooklyn, OH 44144 – (216) 741-6100 – View Map
- Dick McClement – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-3723 – View Map
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does their agency support local causes in Cleveland?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Cleveland?
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your H2 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your H2 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Hummer H2.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, structural damage, medical expenses, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
You can find cheaper coverage
You just learned a lot of information how to find lower-cost Hummer H2 insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find cheaper rates for Hummer H2 insurance in Cleveland
The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices annually from insurers in Ohio. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper H2 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)