If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Honda HR-V insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell insurance in Cleveland. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to help keep rates affordable and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s shocking but the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in the United States could save an average of roughly $859 each year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using these tips. Finding and buying the best car insurance in Cleveland is quite easy. Although Ohio drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium.
Seven Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
Good drivers have lower prices – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Add-on coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
City dwellers may pay more – Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Poor credit can mean higher premiums – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Honda HR-V if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Your age impacts your prices – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
Job can influence rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, business owners, and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
The best way to compare policy rates for Honda HR-V insurance in Cleveland is to realize most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, if you lease or own, your credit rating estimate, and how old drivers are. The data gets transmitted to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Honda vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Honda and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your HR-V outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Cleveland car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Cleveland car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Cleveland is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, driver training, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for type of vehicle, good driver, location of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, annual mileage, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, distant student, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, student away at school, teen driver, paperless, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, newly married, and safety features.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, homeowner, and drive less.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA may have discounts that include good student, military installation, loyalty savings, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply in Cleveland.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
After you get positive feedback to your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found a company that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full term.
Quote more and you will save more
We just showed you a lot of information how to find cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)