Feeling guilty for buying an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate goal, knowing how to find and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
How to save money on Ford Freestar insurance in Cleveland
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Ohio. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and an imperfect credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Ford Freestar insurance in Cleveland.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, you can use these tips to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Cleveland is really quite easy. Smart buyers just need to understand the proper way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Lowering your auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take time comparing rates to find out which insurance company has low cost Cleveland car insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. To buy cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, location of vehicle, good student, age of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
Before buying, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
Many things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Ford Freestar by improving your credit score.
- Car features impact insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Teen driver insurance costs – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Job can influence rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Frequent claims increase insurance rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Ohio award the lowest premiums to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Ohio department of motor vehicles.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Ford Freestar is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When searching for a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Cleveland who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland that can give you price quotes.
Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. A good agent in Cleveland will have answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Cleveland?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Best auto insurance company in Ohio
Ending up with the right company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Cleveland. The information listed below can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
How much can you save?
As you quote Cleveland car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Cleveland can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for Ford Freestar insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Freestar insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Ford Freestar insurance in Cleveland
The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies in Cleveland.
First, it will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Freestar insurance in Cleveland. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)