If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Cleveland is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional tips to help find cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Unbelievably, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Ohio insurance shoppers could save themselves about 55% a year, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Ohio
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Ohio. To buy cheap car insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Cleveland insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, and passive restraint.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, online quote, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, good student, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multi-policy, good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, anti-lock brakes, and group or association.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Cleveland. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Cleveland, click here to view.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Cleveland auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Cleveland can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 739-0990 – View Map
- Dick McClement – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-3723 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave – Cleveland, OH 44135 – (216) 362-6526 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
- Zito Insurance Inc
1249 Smith Ct – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 333-6020 – View Map
- Pinkney-Perry Insurance
1701 E 12th St #101 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 795-1995 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Cleveland?
Selecting the right company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Cleveland. The ranking data in the next section may help you select which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Cleveland is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)