Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in Cleveland could save $730 every year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide car insurance in Cleveland.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a substandard credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Cleveland insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Nitro insurance in Cleveland. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, use these tips to save money without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Cleveland is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Vehicle owners only need to know how to get comparison quotes online.
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Getting married can save you money – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurance companies apply lower prices for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare Dodge Nitro rates in Cleveland to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Employer and insurance premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher average rates due to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as actors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
Guys are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. They both tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Better drivers pay the best premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Dodge Nitro insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Stay claim-free and lower auto insurance rates – Companies in Ohio generally give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Cars with good safety ratings lower auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Liability coverage preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
How to compare Dodge Nitro insurance price quotes in Cleveland, Ohio
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance data for a Dodge Nitro
The premium table shown next showcases a range of insurance costs for Dodge Nitro models. Understanding how insurance rates are determined can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$138||$240||$346||$20||$104||$848||$71|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$138||$240||$346||$20||$104||$848||$71|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$158||$240||$346||$20||$104||$868||$72|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$158||$240||$346||$20||$104||$868||$72|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$158||$240||$346||$20||$104||$868||$72|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$158||$294||$346||$20||$104||$922||$77|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$158||$294||$346||$20||$104||$922||$77|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$158||$294||$346||$20||$104||$922||$77|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$158||$294||$346||$20||$104||$922||$77|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$178||$294||$346||$20||$104||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices noticeably.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Nitro insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Nitro more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Save a ton on Dodge Nitro insurance in Cleveland with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Claim Free – Cleveland drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Cleveland auto insurance on your computer.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Cleveland auto insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Nitro premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Allstate may offer discounts for teenSMART discount, multi-policy, premier discount, anti-lock brakes, and FullPay discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered in Cleveland. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Ohio, click this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Cleveland that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Nitro insurance in Cleveland.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Nitro?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Ohio?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Lower-priced Dodge Nitro insurance in Cleveland can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)