Sad but true, over 70% of Ohio drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Cleveland. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to get low prices and get bigger discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Find a Cleveland insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Best Dodge Journey insurance price quotes in Ohio
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The data table shown below outlines estimates of policy rates for Dodge Journey models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are determined helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$122||$192||$238||$14||$72||$638||$53|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$122||$234||$238||$14||$72||$680||$57|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$138||$234||$238||$14||$72||$696||$58|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$138||$234||$238||$14||$72||$696||$58|
|Journey SXT AWD||$138||$234||$238||$14||$72||$696||$58|
|Journey R/T AWD||$138||$276||$238||$14||$72||$738||$62|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$138||$276||$238||$14||$72||$738||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Cleveland which can change insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Journey insurance premiums for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Dodge Journey yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Dodge Journey insurance
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Journey settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these nine discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cleveland car insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Cleveland Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Journey insurance in Cleveland.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Journey auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- Esurance includes discounts for renters, DriveSense, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, online quote, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, new move discount, new graduate, safety features, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, paid in full, safe vehicle, anti-theft, safe driver, and company car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, driver training, multi-vehicle, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting free Cleveland car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rates but still have a local Cleveland insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Cleveland agents, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Cleveland that can give you price quotes.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are independent agencies in Cleveland who can help you get price quote information.
Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
Once you have good feedback to these questions as well as low cost Dodge Journey insurance quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. But remember, it’s your policy and you can cancel coverage at any point so don’t think that you’re stuck with a specific company indefinitely.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Ohio state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Journey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Journey to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Journey.
Due to the fact that many Ohio drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Ohio), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Frequent quotes can save
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Dodge Journey insurance in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Journey rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Dodge Journey insurance in Cleveland is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Additional information can be read below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)