If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Cleveland. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and an imperfect credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional tips to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Cleveland could save almost $700 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Dodge Dakota insurance in Cleveland is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including whether you have decent credit, deductibles desired, driver ages, and whether you drive to work or school. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To compare rates for your Dodge Dakota now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Cleveland.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in OH, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Analysis of Dodge Dakota rates
The coverage table displayed below showcases different prices for Dodge Dakota models. Learning more about how policy rates are established is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$104||$228||$382||$22||$114||$850||$71|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$104||$228||$382||$22||$114||$850||$71|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$120||$228||$382||$22||$114||$866||$72|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$228||$382||$22||$114||$866||$72|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$270||$382||$22||$114||$908||$76|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$270||$382||$22||$114||$908||$76|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$228||$306||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$228||$306||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$270||$382||$22||$114||$924||$77|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$228||$306||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$228||$306||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$228||$306||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$270||$306||$18||$92||$822||$69|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$270||$306||$18||$92||$822||$69|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$270||$306||$18||$92||$822||$69|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$270||$306||$18||$92||$838||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Cleveland which can lower or raise coverage rates noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Ohio minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Dakota replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cleveland car insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Cleveland can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Dakota insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to track driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including military installation, defensive driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family discounts include early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for good driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safety device, and paid-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, distant student, early shopping, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland. To choose providers with discount rates in Cleveland, click this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Cleveland that are able to give price quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Cleveland.
Coventry Insurance Agency
230 W Huron Rd – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 307-3611 – View Map
Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel coverage at any time so never feel you are locked into a specific agent for the full policy term.
Cost effective Dodge Dakota insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.