Are you doing reasearch to find lower-priced Subaru BRZ insurance in Cleveland? Locating cheaper insurance for your Subaru BRZ in Ohio can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Subaru and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Cleveland agents.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Subaru BRZ insurance in Cleveland on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the best-priced protection in Cleveland is not as hard as you may think. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Marriage is a factor – Getting married can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
An active policy claims history can cost you – Companies in Ohio award lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Traffic violations inflate rates – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Even one chargeable violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your vocation is a factor – Careers such as fire fighters, architects, and miners are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Lots of companies allow lower prices for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Subaru BRZ claim probability – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru BRZ vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru BRZ, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru BRZ but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Cleveland auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru may allow you to get slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used BRZ can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current BRZ insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and air bags.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, new car, continuous insurance, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
When getting free Cleveland auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in your area. For a list of insurers who offer discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Cleveland.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a local Cleveland insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below are independent agencies in Cleveland that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Furlong and Co Insurance Agency Inc
569 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 486-4170 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Hec Wyatt Hixson
15705 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 941-4400 – View Map
- Bass Ohio Insurance Agency LLC
815 Superior Avenue E, Suite 1412 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (440) 862-0352 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide price quotes.
- Valerie A Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2291 Lee Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-0100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Lower-priced car insurance in Cleveland is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
How to save money on Subaru BRZ insurance in Cleveland
The best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Cleveland.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)