It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for better prices are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Cleveland is your objective, knowing how to find and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Ohio. This can be done by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Get cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Cleveland with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Cars – Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including preferred payment discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly married, newly retired, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not be available in your state. To choose auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Finding cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has low cost Cleveland auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Cleveland, OH, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Components of Your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Premiums drop with age – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Gender matters – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Some companies apply a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Compare rates but buy from a local Cleveland insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Cleveland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Cleveland who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents in Cleveland
If you want to buy insurance from a good Cleveland insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agents in Cleveland may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland who may provide free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Hec Wyatt Hixson
15705 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 941-4400 – View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agency Inc
10535 St Clair Ave – Cleveland, OH 44108 – (216) 761-1500 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sam J Saraniti
3100 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 281-3900 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Cleveland exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Ohio
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Persistent drivers can save
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small local company.
Cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Cleveland is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)