If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Cleveland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to help find cheaper rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,343, Cleveland drivers could cut their rates by as much as $700 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Kia Optima insurance in Cleveland takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as your credit rating estimate, what you do for a living, if you have a valid license, and coverage limits. The data is then sent to multiple companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Kia Optima now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Cleveland.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in OH, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Kia Optima coverage analysis
The table displayed next covers different rate quotes for Kia Optima models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can change prices noticeably.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Kia Optima insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Cleveland, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Optima has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Kia Optima and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Ohio is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
More miles equals more premium – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Optima is just wasting money.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Some insurance companies will give better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Rates increase with driving citations – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Kia Optima premium costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Loss statistics for a Kia Optima – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best insurance?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Kia Optima?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Best auto insurance in Ohio
Picking a good quality insurer is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Cleveland. The ranking data listed below can help you choose which providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Cheap insurance rates are possible
When shopping online for insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Kia Optima insurance in Cleveland is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Cleveland auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)