How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Cleveland? When trying to find cheaper insurance, do you get frustrated by the dozens of insurance companies that you can choose from? You’re not alone. Ohio vehicle owners have so many companies to choose from that it is a chore to find better insurance rates for Kia Niro insurance in Cleveland. If you live there, you know that Cleveland is a good city to live in, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it very difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is why you’re here, then knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Comparison shopping for the lowest cost policy in Cleveland is not as confusing as people think. But Ohio car owners must understand the methods companies use to determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Kia Niro insurance discounts in Cleveland
Some insurers do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Cleveland car insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Cleveland can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, good student, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good driver, multi-car, paid-in-full, renters, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, new move discount, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including air bags, mature driver, group or association, paid in full, teen driver, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, multi-policy, daytime running lights, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Kia Niro.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Niro caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Niro to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as ambulance fees, pain medications, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Kia Niro insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Niro rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers or high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
How to buy low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Cleveland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic citations and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)