It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Cleveland is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The preferred way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Ohio.
- Read about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important note is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Discount Cleveland car insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Paperwork-free – A few car insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- College Student – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance quotes in Cleveland, follow this link.
Affordable Cleveland GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance
Finding a lower price on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is an easy way to save money. You just need to invest a little time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. To buy the best auto insurance in Ohio, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance analysis
The price information displayed below outlines different policy rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$320||$234||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$200||$368||$292||$18||$88||$966||$81|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$320||$234||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$200||$320||$234||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$200||$368||$292||$18||$88||$966||$81|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$368||$292||$18||$88||$966||$81|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$200||$320||$234||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$368||$292||$18||$88||$966||$81|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$200||$368||$292||$18||$88||$966||$81|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$368||$234||$14||$70||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Sierra 3500HD book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cleveland?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Below is a list of insurance companies in Cleveland that may be able to provide comparison quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Cleveland.
Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheap GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Cleveland is available on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information is available at these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)