Are you drained from sacrificing to insure your Ford every month? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Ohio.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It’s smart to compare prices yearly because auto insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best rate on Ford GT insurance in Cleveland at your last renewal you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to get good coverage on Ford GT insurance in Cleveland at a lower rate.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper GT insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- American Family has savings for good student, accident-free, bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, passive restraint, driver’s education, anti-theft, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, good student, student driver, automatic seat belts, early bird, and teen driver.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including new car, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and payment discounts.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Ohio, click here.
How to buy Ford GT insurance online
Lowering your Ford GT auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find the company with inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying Ford GT insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
Urban residents pay more – Living in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
Extra policy coverages may not be needed – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Too many claims drive up prices – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Ohio award better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Driving with no insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Safer occupants lowers rates – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. People who have multiple violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Comparing prices from local Cleveland auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Cleveland.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Cleveland that can provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Auto insurance agents in Cleveland come in two varieties
When finding a local Cleveland insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland who may provide price quotes.
Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Cleveland GT insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Ford GT insurance prices in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap Ford GT insurance in Cleveland can be sourced on the web and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
How to buy cheaper Ford GT insurance in Cleveland
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for Ford GT insurance in Cleveland is to regularly compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)