Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Cleveland drivers can save roughly 55% each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
The best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Cleveland.
- Try to understand car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Cleveland. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
How to get free Acura ILX insurance quotes online
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Ohio. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Ohio, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Acura vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura ILX with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Acura gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors companies use to determine premiums.
Low credit history equals high rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ILX by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
Low coverage deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Acura from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Lower rates for married couples – Getting married can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Acura ILX insurance loss data – Companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on Cleveland insurance
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Cleveland car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Cleveland car insurance quote.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, defensive driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, good student, and family plan.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, air bags, student driver, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, early shopping, alternative fuel, switch companies, mature driver, good student, and business and professional.
- Allstate offers discounts including FullPay discount, economy car, premier plus, premier discount, resident student, utility vehicle, and auto/life discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my Acura ILX covered for flood damage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Cleveland insurance agencies and insurance
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is especially important in Cleveland.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Cleveland who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How are they compensated?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Best car insurance in Ohio
Finding the best auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Cleveland. The rank data listed below may help you select which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Acura ILX insurance in Cleveland can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Cleveland, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)