Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,300, Cleveland drivers could save as much as 55% every year, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Cleveland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Ohio. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Saab 9-7X insurance quotes comparison
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Cleveland is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Getting online price quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Cleveland makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to get a lower rate.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What Determines Saab 9-7X Insurance Rates?
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Car insurance companies in Ohio award the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
- Accidents drive up premiums – Even a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get careless tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Jobs like military personnel, architects, and medical professionals have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saab, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Saab at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Saab and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.